Open links in a new window - Close window to return to Bibliocat Website.
Lesson Plans and Activities
Collection of recommended book titles.
- Read, click, and win with Bailey Bookmark and Rex Reader. A
online program simular to Accelated Reader.
Children's Literature Activities
-- great site for ideas. Set up by grade level.
-- help with themes, tips and grant help to put together takehome packs of books, activities and activities sheets.
Dolch Word Kit
-- Very organize way of teaching dolch words.
Dolch list games
- collection of games.
-- list of the 220 sight words.
Jan Brett's Dolch Lists
-- very pretty lists. Great to laminate and decorate the classroom.
Reading Evaluation Checklist
- to help K-12 teachers evaluate the student's reading level - oral, comprehension, and more. .
Children's Books Council
--Organizers of National Chidren's Book week. Check out this site for lots of great reading information and activities.
-- Encourages reading and appreciation of good literature. Schedules and activity ideas.
NEA: Read Across America
-- Celebrate Dr.Seuss' Birthday on March 2 with reading activies.
TVFA: TV Free America
--the organizers of the 1999 National TV-Turn Off Week.
- stories, games, pen pals and more.
Banned Books Online
- collection of books that were onetime banned bye the United States Mail, civil and religious organizations. -- Check out the list of banned books of the 90's.
Mike Rofone - Roving Reporter
- Online mystery for kids.
- public domain books. Downloadable
Stories and Fairy Tales Theme Page
- collection of fairy and folk tale with lesson plans
Tales of Wonder
: Folk and Fairy Tales from around the world.